Many of you may know that the Circus Diaries founder Kate is currently researching a PhD at Cardiff University. These presentations describe what she’s up to…
Links to other circus writing projects completed while working on the PhD:
- Commission for Arts Council England funded publication sharing diverse expressions of UK circus Kavanagh, K. 2020. ‘Getting Rid of the Circus’. In Murphy, L and A’Court Stuart, N (eds.) Circus Is Not The Only Fruit. https://www.circusisnottheonlyfruit.org/2020/08/11/getting-rid-of-the-circus/
- Contribution to a publication of reflections following six months of weekly study circle discussions via Cirkus Syd’s Circus Thinkers Platform. Kavanagh, K. 2020. ‘Thoughts from the Anthropocene’. Circus Thinks. Vol. 1. Reflections 2020. Lund: Cirkus Syd, pp. 3-6.
- Foreword to a book of late 20th Century US circus photography. Kavanagh, K. 2020. ‘Foreword’. In: Anderson, C. Kicking Sawdust. Artron: Daylight, pp. 4-6.
- Reflections on the 5th edition of Fresh Circus, a networking, showcasing and seminar event held in Europe. Kavanagh, K. 2020. ‘Overlapping Circles’. In: Ellingsworth, J. ed. Fresh Circus #5. Paris: Circostrada, pp. 14-16.
- Academic article on new ways to productively approach discussion of circus performance. Kavanagh, K. 2019. Criticism within the circus sector: redressing a power imbalance. Platform 13(1), pp. 64-85.